Molting Striped Lynx Spider from Manglayang Mountain

,
by
Unknown

Molting Striped Lynx Spider from Manglayang Mountain


Kingdom:Animalia
Phylum:Arthropoda
Class:Arachnida
Order:Araneae
Family:Oxyopidae
Genus:Oxyopes
Species:O. salticus

February, 22 2013.
It was a wonderful experience for me to see molting process of striped lynx spider.
It took more than an hour to complete the molting process. At first I thought that this guy is sleeping upside down, because it's keep ignoring me even if I try to get so close. So I carefully set up my camera and tripod near it, and started the observation.

hmm..., hanging upside down while spinning. I keep my camera on and after a while, wow...it started to stretched down and shed it's skin slowly started from the head part followed by the mandible, abdomen, legs and boom a shinny new spider suit.

So here it is guys a collation of a molting process of a striped lynx spider.


Molting striped lynx spider.

1 comment: