Hersillia from Manglayang Mountain

,
by
Unknown

Hersillia from Manglayang Mountain


Kingdom:Animalia
Phylum:Arthropoda
Class:Arachnida
Order:Araneae
Suborder:Araneomorphae
Family:Hersiliidae
Genus:Hersilia


A strange looking spider, it has two tail on the end of its abdomen. After later I could identify this one, it's Hersillia Spider (a Two tailed bark-rock spider). The tail also scientifically known as spinnerets is used for spinning it's web.

In Manglayang Mountain I encountered a lot of them, they live on rocks, barks, and wood walls. One more interesting fact from my observation; when I found a female, there will be a male not far from there.


Female Hersillia


Male Hersillia


Female Hersillia Up Close

1 comment:

  1. Great observations.
    I didn't knew that Hersiliidae spiders dwell on rocks too.

    ReplyDelete