Cyrtarachne Inaequalis from Situ Cileunca

,
by
Unknown

Cyrtarachne Inaequalis (Bird drop/snail mimicking spider)


Kingdom:Animalia
Phylum:Arthropoda
Class:Arachnida
Order:Araneae
Suborder:Araneomorphae
Superfamily:Araneoidea
Family:Araneidae
Genus:Cyrtarachne
Species:Cyrtarachne inaequalis

Cyrtarachne is a spider that camouflage them self by mimicking bird drop or a snail.
This one is a small sized spider the Cyrtarachne Inaequalis.
At the first glance, I didn't think that this one is a spider; it looks like a snail or something, but when I look closer... I realized this one is a spider and when I touch it's soft and shiny abdomen it started to move.  Interesting experience for me, my first encounter with Cyrtarachne...


Cyrtarachne Inaequalis (front)


Cyrtarachne Inaequalis (top)


Cyrtarachne Inaequalis (side)

0 comments:

Post a Comment